Pregnancy Ticker

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Best Man

So, one day mom brought home a baby from the Hospital. His name is Tim and he's my brother. We've grown up together, and done essentially the same things with me doing most of them first. Although, once we hit college, we went two different paths. My brother; got married first, got a job first, got a real apartment first. I, however, am still in school, with a fake apartment and a (an absolutely wonderful!) fiancee. It's weird that how that happens.

Most of the memories I have of Tim are in East Brookfield, and the first I remember we had just moved in, and we were 1 and 5 or so. There was a nice glass pane at eye level, and I had locked Tim out of the house, who knows why, and he was putting his face to the glass, and i was hitting it. Yeah, it broke, thankfully, he didn't really get hurt, a small cut and that's about it. Our poor mother. :0)

We've always been close, sharing a room not much bigger then a cubicle for many years. Sleeping on bunk beds until Tim went to high school and I went off to college. But Tim could have stayed on the top bunk without a problem even at that point, it wasn't until his junior year that he grew taller then me! With the addition to old house, we still shared a room, but were further apart then we had usually been, but still close enough for Tim to talk me to sleep at night. Tim is night owl, and I am not. So, he would stay up, and talk to me, and stop talking once he was sure I was asleep.

When it came time to choose a best man. There was no doubt it would be my brother. I'd like to thank him for being my best friend for all these years. I can't wait to move onto the next phase our lives at the same time.

By the way, I love this picture. I mean really, its a NERF gun and its totally unnecessary. HAHA!

No comments: